Collection of your Personal Information
In order to provide you with the information and services offered, LegalGRC.org may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
- First and last name
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Job title
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through legalGRC.org’s public submissions, this information may be collected and used by others.
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information when you elect to use certain products or services. These may include
- Registering for an account
- Entering sweepstakes or contests sponsored by one of our partners
- Signing up for special offers by selected third parties
- Sending us an email message
- Submitting your credit card or other payment information when purchasing products or services
To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information
LegalGRC.org collects and uses your personal information to operate the services you have requested.
LegalGRC.org may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products and services available from legalGRC.org or its affiliates.
Sharing information with Third Parties
LegalGRC.org may sell, rent, or lease your information to third parties for the following reasons:
Marketing relevant products, services and events.
LegalGRC.org may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analyses, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to LegalGRC.org, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
LegalGRC.org may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to
- conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal processes served on LegalGRC.org or the site
- protect and defend the rights and property of LegalGRC.org
- act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of LegalGRC.org, or the public.
Opt-out of Sale of Personal Information to Third Parties
In connection with any personal information we may sell to a third party for a business purpose, you have the right to know the categories of personal information about you that we have sold and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold.
You have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act, and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. If you exercise your right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information, we will refrain from selling your personal information unless you subsequently provide express authorization for the sale of your personal information. To opt-out of the sale of personal information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and request that your information not be sold.
Automatically collected information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by LegalGRC.org. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain the quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding the use of the LegalGRC.org website.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security of your Personal Information
LegalGRC.org secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. LegalGRC uses the following methods for this purpose:
- SSL Protocol
When your personal information is transmitted to other sites, it is protected through the use of encryption using the secure sockets layer protocol.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or wireless network can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and this site cannot be guaranteed.
Your Rights over Your Personal Information
If you are a California resident, subject to EU law, or resident in certain other jurisdictions you may have certain rights, pursuant to privacy regulation. These rights may only apply in certain circumstances and be subject to certain exemptions. Please see the table below for a summary of those rights. You can exercise these rights using the contact details below.
|Right to Know||You may have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose and/or sell. To enable us to fulfill that request, we will need to verify your identity. We may ask for certain information to verify the request in accordance with applicable law.|
|Right to Request Deletion||You may have a right to request the deletion of your personal information collected or maintained by us. To enable us to fulfill that request, we will need to verify your identity. We may ask for certain information to verify the request in accordance with applicable law.|
|Right to Non-Discrimination||You may have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any of your applicable privacy rights. However, we may offer certain financial incentives, charge reasonable fees related to your requests, or deny your right to know, or right to request deletion in accordance with applicable law.|
|Authorized Agent||You may exercise rights directly or be allowed to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. We may require that you provide the authorized agent written permission to submit a request on your behalf and that the authorized agent verifies their own identity directly with us.|
Please note that we may not be able to comply with your request to delete your information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated with the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing functionality
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech or exercise another right protected by law
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us
- Comply with an existing legal obligation
- Otherwise use your personal information internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
LegalGRC.org does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must have the permission of a parent or guardian to use this website.
From time to time, LegalGRC.org may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communications. In order to improve our services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from LegalGRC.org or click on a link therein.
Changes to this Statement
LegalGRC.org welcomes your questions or comments about this policy. If you have any questions or comments or believe that LegalGRC.org has not adhered to this policy, please contact us at info@legalGRC.org.
Effective March 23rd, 2021